Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Saturday 22 February 2014

Saturday Stitches - EASY Threading & Knotting

Welcome to Saturday Stitches @ My Sweet Prairie.  To find all tutorials, click on the tab at the top of my blog.


Guess what?  I have a video for you!  It's true.  In shock?  So am I.  : )  My lovely assistant Kari filmed this last summer.  I did hours of editing for a one minute video.  That was a big learning curve.  If it goes too fast, just pause it or rewatch.

This video is made for everyone who finds threading a needle to be incredibly frustrating.  I show you how with a terrific method that has been around for a long time.  No tools, no gadgets, NO LICKING your thread, no slobbering on your needle.  haha.  If the eye of the needle is the right size, you can thread strands of floss or even yarns in a second with no troubles.  Everyone should know how to do this.


If you are unable to view this video here on the blog, you can go to youtube directly via THIS LINK.

If you are still having trouble getting the thread or yarns through, then likely you need a bigger eye.

Enjoy!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been aware of this threading method for years -- but haven't found it to be THAT successful.
Of course, I was using normal sewing thread and a small-eye needle. Maybe the secret (as per the video) is to use a chunky thread and a needle with a humungous (sp?) hole.
(sort of like how sloppy slippers ALWAYS feel good on your feet -- as opposed to fitted shoes)

Mystic Quilter said...

I too was taught both these methods by Mum when I was just starting out stitching as a girl. I have always found them tried and true.

arlee said...

coke bottle bottom eyeglasses i say, coke bottle bottoms :)

Marisa said...

This is fantastic! I can't wait to show my kids.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *