Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Saturday 8 February 2014

Curating / Hibernating.

I'm just writing to let you all know that I'm skipping Saturday Stitches today.  I am spending the weekend going through the submissions for the show I'm curating.  There is a nice big bunch to look through with more on the way.  It's ASTOUNDING.  Some pieces made me look twice - super interesting.  Some made me burst out giggling at the sheer creativity - who would have thought to do THAT in fibre!?.  Some made me quiet and contemplative, flooding me with good memories.  Some made me cry - THIS speaks volumes as to why I love the prairies.

Manitoba Craft Museum & Library

This curating thing is amazing.  I'm learning so much on so many levels.  I had a vision to fill a room.  This is coming together with the magic of potlucks.  You know, when everyone is told to bring something and it turns out that you get one of everything with no consultation beforehand?  Everything I wished for is showing up either in an email or in an envelope.

I truly look forward for opening night which is about forty-nine weeks away (but who's counting).  I hope everyone viewing this show has the same reactions I am getting.  Thank you so much to the SK Craft Council for taking a chance on this exhibition.  It's been very stimulating to be exposed to so much beautiful prairie-love infused fibre art.  : )

my little sheep

Also, thank you SO much for all the reactions to my last piece.  It got something like 1400 views on FB!?  Insane. 

As for the weather, it is STILL winter.

downtown train, last winter

I'll see you next week...


4 comments:

Vicki Miller said...

The sheep are cute. I know your show will be an amazing success

Anonymous said...

sheep? SHEEP??? you did sheep? i neeeeeddd your sheep! they are beautiful! lol!
cheers!
molly

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

! Lol! I made these for Margot's snowglobe gift two winters ago. Okay... well I will get right on that Molly! :)

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

I am so glad to hear that you had such a great response to your call for entries!
I had thought of entering my "prairie meadow" quilt...reminds me of Saskatchewan summers...but just didnt get time. We were only home for 2 days after Hawaii..and now off to Arizona (I know, it is a tough life LOL)
I am excited to see the show!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *