Call me crazy, but I had this in mind. Look at all the stitches! Can you imagine it? It was spring and the new growth was there in the old. I love the colors so much. (click to view larger)
|my photo: new and old grasses|
I did a quick sketch with colored pencils first.
I always keep my photo and sketchbook in front of me while I stitch. I built up some colors first to help me know where the yellows and greens are placed once I start stitching.
|no. I'm not left handed. : )|
I stitched for three days and I'm still not done.
I stitched out all the greens. Then I stitched out the yellows. Then I over stitched the greens again. Now I'm read to add to the yellows to create some blending. Then I can start on the details. WHEW! Here's where it's at for now...
It might still look like a mess, but this is the building in progress. I dropped a needle and as I went to pick it up, I noticed the underside. I though it was worth a photo at least for interest's sake. : )
I'm careful not to waste my colors by taking the next stitch near to where I left the last. A lot of my fibres were from Margot and replenishing is no easy task. I don't feel like flipping my work surface to knot or tuck in all those threads, so I will do that later.
And now I'm off to finalize several Hallowe'en costumes! Bring it on! I have my sweet tooth ready. : )
Linking to WIP Wednesday @ TN&TN.