Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Friday 5 July 2013

Solo Show & Sale @ Jackfish Lake, SK (and more)

I'm off to my mother's home (Annemarie) at Day's Beach this weekend.  On Sunday afternoon I will be hanging my wares for sale at the lake.

invitations sent out to some of my mother's friends and neighbors

I will be returning to my ol' stomping grounds and expect I'll see a lot of familiar faces.  I'm excited - but nervous!  I can't wait to see my mom again.  She's totally thrilled to be hosting this afternoon event.  If you live in the area, you can email me at Monika@MySweetPrairie.ca for directions.

Also - My Prairie Postcards are for sale at the Saskatchewan Craft Council's Fine Craft Boutique, 813 Broadway Avenue, Saskatoon.  The Boutique also has one threadpainting of mine on display for sale (Sunlit at Silverspring which is featured on the cover of the brochure in the photo above).

Tiger Lily Quilt Shop on Highway 1 at Wolseley, SK also have three of my threadpaintings on exhibit for sale.

PS
***thank you for all the lovely comments about Heather Lair, and for the emotional support I found in your comments.  It's been a very sad thing to face.  I am just as sad when I think of her husband and children learning to live without her.  My heart goes out to them.  I'm feeling pretty unhinged still about it all.  I was told that her funeral will be Tuesday at 7 pm in Gimli.  There will be 'wildflowers... music...' and many tears I'm sure.  :(  We will light a candle for her that night.  Love you Heather.  xo


2 comments:

HollyM said...

It should be a fun experience seeing lots of old familiar faces. Enjoy!
Words escape me on the loss of your friend. The service will be a first step in healing but sounds like it will be a celebration on of her life too. That is always the best.

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Thanks Holly. I know.. I feel in a funk and out of place putting up happy posts. Sigh.... I am tidying up a bit and I keep finding little things she gave me... fabric.. patches.. birthday card...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *