Welcome

* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Friday, 14 June 2013

Answering the Call

The photo I took of the prairie grasses in bloom... they kept singing, "Stich me!  Oh Please, stitch me!"

 

So I answered the call.  : )  I worked all afternoon and into the evening on this one, completely unplugged.  I think I am about 40% done, and 99% fulfilled!

unplugged.  work in progress.

It's been raining for 2 days, and it will rain for two more.  I'm going to finish up a bit more stitching with the silks from Margot and then deepen the purples with 12 wt thread another day.  This afternoon I need have a nap, and then drive down to Regina and back !  Tonight at 7 pm is the reception for the biennial touring juried show of the Saskatchewan Craft Council - Dimensions - which is also celebrating it's 30th year.  What to wear? What  to wear?  (Besides rubber boots, rain gear and an umbrella.) The show & reception is at the MacKenzie Art Gallery.  I am so excited to see the entire exhibit!  I still can't believe I get to be part of it.  WOO!

Have a great night!

7 comments:

Jeito Mineiro de Ser said...

Nossa... você realmente queria bordar isto!!!!! Uau!
Desejo muito sucesso na exposição!
Um abraço!

Egléa

HollyM said...

Wow, that's a lot of hand stitching! It's going to be pretty.
Have fun tonight! Safe travels.

Jenny Wilder said...

Your stories are really fun to read. Thanks for the inspiration!
--Jenny

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

I have a whole new respect for your stitching now!! (and I am still practicing my French knots LOL)

Suztats said...

That's a fabulous 40%!!

laura lok said...

Beautiful masterpiece as always. Have you ever created something that you were not happy with? Just curious

CitricSugar said...

Gorgeous work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *