Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Monday 29 October 2012

Janome Canada Blog Feature

About a month ago, the hype started again.  "Liz is coming to town!  Liz is coming to town!"  Who is this Liz!?  The folks at the old Sew & Home raved about Liz a couple of years ago, but I never caught up with her.  Liz is an educator for Janome Canada.  Word was out again that she would be coming to Creative House Sewing & Education Centre here in Saskatoon.  Everyone was hyped.  "Are you going to see Liz!?  Are you going to see Liz!?"  She was scheduled to speak there on a Friday afternoon when the kids were in school.  Perfect.  I had to go see what this was all about!

My Horizon 7700 at a demonstration... there's a LOT of miles on this 2 yr old machine!

It turns out, Liz is an energetic and dynamic speaker ...and wow does she know Janome machines & accessories!  It was awesome to hear her speak and see samples of what she makes on her machine, including her award winning NJS/Quilt Canada piece.  She held up a copy of A Needle Pulling Thread magazine to show off the article on ruffles done with this awesome new Janome foot (I need that foot!).  Someone points out, "Hey - Monika is profiled in that issue, aren't you Monika?".  That was embarrassing.  So, I got pointed out and Liz chatted with me during the break.  She told me she moderates the Janome Canada blog, "Janome Life" and asked if I wouldn't mind being featured as a Janome Artisan.  Heck yeah!!  : )

Today is the day!  You can find the post here on their blog (click to link) Wow.  Thanks Liz!  What a fabulous write up... oh my.  If you are popping in from the Jame blog, please feel free to look around.  Everything you might want to know about me can be found up in the top tabs.  Welcome!


11 comments:

Heather Lair said...

Yeah Monika!!! So glad you were there to get the glory you deserve!!! :)

Tell us more about this new foot....

Heather Lair

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Well... I don't own one yet. If I got the ruffler foot, I fear I would add ruffles to everything in my house. lol
It's on my wish list for now. : )

Monika

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Way to go Monika!!!

Joanne said...

Congratulations! What a lovely post on the Janome site.

Anonymous said...

Disappointed that I didn't know she was here.
Glad you got to meet her :)
Joyce

CitricSugar said...

Woo-hoo!! Great feature. Lovely to see you getting the recognition!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations Monika!!
Stay inspired!

Kit Lang said...

Congrats Monika! Going over to read it right now! :)

Dahn said...

Congrats to YOU Monika--that is just awesome. So many wonderful things are happening, it is so fun to read where you have been published and how quickly you have become famous. Gosh, I know a real celebrity! :-)

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Congratulations on being featured and it's a wonderful article!

Nicki said...

Excellent! Another well deserved feather in your cap! Hey... maybe you should stitch feathers on a cap!!! :)

N.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *