Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Window to my World

I hope you all had a terrific Canada Day!  We enjoyed fireworks, lightning, fireworks, lightning, fireworks...  right from home.  Some of our neighbors were well stocked!  Happy 4th of July to all my American readers!  : )  I'm glad I took the time off blogging for a few days.  I managed to get a lot of yard work done, stained the double deck, the back fence, and my balcony.  Here's a couple of my favorite places to sit...

Back

What a marvelous moon there has been lately!  SO big.  ; )  Here's where I enjoy my morning coffee and some spectacular light shows (fireworks, summer sunrises & sunsets, Northern Lights, and lightning storms.)

North, over the rooftops.

I did some sewing room reno too.  I hate using curtains.  I think my neighbors do to.  This poses a problem for me.  I use sheers in the day and a blind at night.  Still - it makes me grumpy when I'm sewing late.  I work at a large 5x5 ft west window.  I love natural light.  Being next to a light-colored house means lots of reflected light for the first part of the day, and direct sun for the second half of the day.  I went out and found a cling window treatment that makes the glass look sandblasted or frosted.  It's fabulous!!  It brings light into the room so well, provides day and night privacy without the need for curtains (yesssssss), and protects all my threads & fabric from UV rays!  How perfect is that??  I kept the upper 18" of the window incovered so that I can see blue sky (becuase I need that).  Home Depot - $40 - 15 minutes...

white light, UV protection, 24 hr privacy

The best I can explain the effects of this light is by comparing it to the way a room lights up on a prairie winter day, when the land is all covered in snow and the bright sun is reflected right up into the rooms.  It's clean, white light, and everything is illuminated.  It sure is fabulous after such a dark spring.

Sorry - I tossed the packaging and can't recall the name of it!  It was precut to fit a large door, and had the word 'Artist' in the name of it.  lol  That's all I remember. 

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Cool! Happy holidays. We had a similar "problem" in our old Michigan home, and had to replace some old vinyl roller shades (ick!). We found a fantastic window blind (insulated fabric honeycombe-style) that has a pull that lowers the blinds from the top down, as well as the bottom up. It was great at creating privacy on the bottom, but letting light in at the top. The insulation was great in the winter too.

HollyM said...

I used a similar covering only with texture, on 2 basement windows in a bathroom. I don't have curtains on them either. It would have made the room dark.
Yours looks lovely. It's good to take a break and get some things done.

Ellie said...

Nice to hear you enjoyed your days away from blogging. It's amazing what we can do when we are not blogging isn't it?
I love your seat on the decking it looks very comfy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *