Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Monday 18 June 2012

Painted Thread, Painted Fabric

What a busy weekend!  My husband is away for four days, and the kids and I have been stuck indoors because of the rain.  This house is now one giant mess of toys and craft supplies!  The computers never went on at all. (hooray!)  Instead, we painted.  I attempted some more hand dyed sky fabric after being so inspired the last week.


There were lots of awful results, but you don't need to see all of those.  Here's one I did.

Ick. Not so great.

That might be useful.  * It might work better upside down actually!  Here's a sky that worked really well.  It's 2 big clouds and that will be great for 2 separate pieces of art.


Here is some canola fabric I dyed.  It's perfect.  I have yet to find the perfect thread.


I dyed some threads from a little batch of weaving supplies my friend gave me.  She's having a baby... like, right now!!  Waiting is so hard.

pale periwinkle and multi-yellow
Those are perfect for me to use as the flowers in the fields... flax or alfalfa and sweet clover.  It's interesting to see how the different colors work in different ways, even if the brand is the same.  I used some of the purple in my "signature color" challenge piece.  Here's a sneaky peaky so far...

My Signature Color (chartreuse)

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Oh my! That sneaky peak is absolutely gorgeous. Hope your week is filled with sunshine. Tammy

Anonymous said...

and i'm sure that you will not dispose of any dyed fabric that doesn't please you...knowing full well that sooner or later, a piece will come along that demands that fabric!
and yes - may your week be sunny! (fat chance of that, but the weather guys have been wrong before....)
cheers!
molly

HollyM said...

I agree with the last commenter. Sometimes I put what I think is the ugliest piece away in a box. Later I find it and get inspired to create just the piece with it.
Your chartreuse piece is looking great! Of course I love the color too. Half my house, well kitchen, dining room and main bedroom is painted with that color!

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Great stuff! I am addicted to skies - there are so many possibilities....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *