Welcome

* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts
* * * MANITOBA * * *
Sept 2 & 3 Vendor - Proutopia
Sept 9 &10 Teaching - Sketch to Stitch / Runs with Scissors Studio
Sept 15 & 16 Vendor - Manitoba Fibre Festival, Red River Exhibition Park

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Tuesday, 10 April 2012

For The Birds.

Pictures from the park this week... all taken within a couple of minutes.  We have a lot of birds around here.  Does anyone know if the pelicans have returned to the weir in Saskatoon?  Oh the other day, the evergreens were FULL of chirping, but I couldn't see them.  Most likely chickadees?  Here's what I did see...

crow several stories up

ducks on ice

Canada goose swimming

more ducks on ice - brrr not my kind of date!




What a beautiful goose!  This one isn't sure about getting in the cold water.  : )

p.s.  The other morning I was out running with my daughter, when two big flocks of robins flew over!  I have never seen robins in a flock - ever.  The coolest thing was that the morning sun was low enough that the undersides of the birds' orange-red tummies were all lit up against the blue sky!  Oh I  * W I S H E D *  I had my camera with me.  It was stunning.


4 comments:

Patti said...

The pelicans are back already...early last week, I believe. And I saw a flock of robins too! It was little bit Twilight Zone-ish for me...weird and neat all at the same time! Our bluebirds are back and so are the meadowlarks. They've been back for about 2 weeks. Wish it would get a bit warmer for them!

Michelle V. Alkerton said...

Love birds :). There are actually a couple bald eagles nesting in the nearby town of Port Colborne. No, I didn't see them, just read the article in the paper.
Stay inspired!

Faith said...

Oh, I wish you had your camera, too! The only time I remember seeing a flock of robins was when we had a mulberry tree and they were all drunk on over ripe berries! I didn't have a camera back then, but it was so funny to see. more a video than single shot moment.

liniecat said...

Ive never seen more than one robin at any one time! what a magical sight that must have been.
But last week I did see, for the first time ever.......a mallard bonking a poor lady duck!
He had her pinned on the floor, chittering at her neck with his beak......on a narrow strip of grass between two busy roads!
lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *