Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Thursday 26 April 2012

Directions to the USCAD Show!

Woopee!  I'm really excited.  Tonight is turning out to be a spectacular thing.  The Fibre Art class met at the Emmanuel & St. Chad building on the University of SK campus to see the space for the first time.  It was a chapel, and now it is the graduate students' association hall/offices.  These are the before photos...

I found the secret staircase to the upper choir balcony to take this shot.

It's a BIG HUGE space!  The woman in the photo is Anahit, our instructor.  She's doing so much to put this exhibit on.  She's pretty terrific.  We will be rearranging the space and displaying quite a large number and variety of fibre art this afternoon.  We have food & drink, a slide show on three screens, music, and mingling.  I can't wait!  If you are in the area, we would love for you to pop by.  I'll have my broomstick, my prairie rugs, my cowpie & crocuses, and the felted mask.  Here's the poster...

free event, but bring parking change...

Here's the directions.  From College Drive, turn into Campus at Wiggins Avenue.  The first building on the right is it!  A little further, you can turn right just before you see the observatory.  That will lead you to a pay-parking lot.  Then you'll walk back toward this building (College Drive is behind the building from this view...).

GSA Building (Emmanuel & St Chad) - Wheelchair accessible!

The main doors are on the left.  You'll know you are in the right place when you see this!

WOW - REAL green leaves!

It's one night only.  For those of you who can't make it, I will post photos on Friday.  Wish us luck! : )


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee! Have a wonderful show and I can't wait to see the pics :).
Stay inspired!

Cheryl (Grandma Coco) said...

What a lovely venue! I really wish I could be there in person but I'll make do with your photos tomorrow. Enjoy!

Ellie said...

What a wonderful venue. Hope you have fun and I look forward to seeing your pictures.

Poppyprint said...

Luck! Have fun. Looking forward to the photos.

Megan said...

Wow, that is one beautiful church!! Love the roof/ceiling!

All the best for the show, I'm sure it will go amazingly :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *