Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Three Spirea - Series

I hope you all had a terrific family day!  We did - we played games, brewed beer outside, and sledded down the steepest hill I've ever been on.  It was a beautiful sunny day.  : )

I'm so inspired by the winter Spirea photos along with those Sorbello stitches.  I am making a couple more to create a set of three that will go in one large frame.  It's a gorgeous frame, and these colors look incredible in it!

in progress... Spirea Over the Snowbank #2

I'll load this up with those pretty knots like I did here...

Spirea Over the Snowbank, #1

This is a very relaxing stitch.  I have to really watch while I do this one - not like the French Knots that I can do nearly with my eyes shut.  There's a lot of weaving involved in this one.  If you miss it, you can go back to my Saturday post to see how it's done. 

Next month, the Bridge City NeedleArts Guild is having an exhibit at the Centre Galleries.  This is the local Embroiderer's guild under the EAC that I'm now a member of.  All my thread paintings will be in show and sale elsewhere at that time, so I think this particular hand stitched piece will be perfect for the embroidery display!  (3 shows in one month?  Sure why not?  lol)

Now I'm off to Creative House Sewing & Education Centre.  That's where I'll be teaching this fall.  A little birdie told me they are now stocking loads of Wonderfil thread there.  I must go see for myself!  Have a great day!

~Monika K.

4 comments:

elle said...

We are getting tons of the white stuff today. I doubt anything will be sticking up out of the snow. These are really delightful, Monika.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Very pretty. I was just given a new book - Stitch-opedia - and the first thing I did was to look if this stitch was in it...it was. It said it was also used in Mountmellick stitch.

Becky said...

Wow! Very cool! I love it!

Letterpress said...

As usual, your blog always leaves me with something to admire and something to envy--this post did both! I think this creation is so beautiful--but then I like all of your creations!

Elizabeth E.
opquilt.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *