Welcome

* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Tuesday, 22 November 2011

A Very Merry My Sweet Prairie

Saskmade Marketplace on 8th Street in Saskatoon now has four of my snowglobes.  I was going to put some in the gallery, but 4 is all that's left. Each shatter-proof globe has 2 back-to-back little stitched landscapes in them.  The globes are being sold for just over $30 with commission going to the store.  They are pretty cute!  I won't be making more of these until next winter.  If you buy one, I hope you have fun with it.

p.s.  I pulled my art out, finished them, & stitched a little surprise into each one before delivering them to the store.

I hope you love the details! ; )  Saskmade Marketplace is open until 8pm on weeknights right now, and they are open on weekends during the day.  You can also find them on Facebook.  They have a lot of delicious local food products in there as well as art, crafts, and skin care products.

And to Nova Scotia's Thistle Quilt Guild - our postcards are coming your way!  Our guild had a little show & tell of ours on Monday night and then addressed them all to you.  : )

2 comments:

quilthexle said...

Your snowballs are awesome !!! I have a - maybe dumb - question: is that really a little quilt (made from fabrics and thread) which lives now in water permanently? I just wonder whether this could result in a molding quilt (and I would hate seeing one of your lovely creations ruined!!) ?

Anonymous said...

: ) They are picture holders. You can remove the base and there's a little slot inside to slip photos into - they don't get wet at all. When I saw it, I was shopping for frames for my stitched art and thought WOW - I can use this!! Pretty neat hey!??
~Monika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *