Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Works in Progress Wednesday

In between camping trips and lake days and visits with relatives, I managed to get Jesica's quilt binding made, attached, and hand stitched!  It looks great.  I used multiple pieces of a variety of colors from the triangle fabrics and it really pulls it all together.  YES, I did that before quilting the border.  So... now I have the border to finish.  I got a bit done today.  I couldn't use the thread I thought I wanted because they were right - it shreds.  So I went back to the quilt shop yesterday and bought more of the same variegated thread that I used on Anno's wonky owls quilt.  So far, so good.  I'll draw out many different prairie wildflowers and add some white free motion filler too I think.

free hand Lady Slippers

the multicolored patchwork border & flannel backing

Other than that, I spent a couple hours adding flax flowers in french knots on one landscape piece, but there are SO many knots required that you can't even tell I've made a dent on the piece since last Wednesday.  lol!!  I put a couple landscape postcards together as well with lots of threadpainting.  I will take those with me on the 14th for the live stitching demo the the Showcase of the Arts.  They will need some serious hand embellishing.  It will be fun to set up there and lay out all my colors of threads and get to work.   : )


August already!?  Hope you are having a fabulous summer.  It's been absolutely terrific here.  It's really made up for our too-late in coming spring. 

a pile of my kids : )

See you tomorrow!  Stop by Lee's blog to see more of what other sewists are up to.

P.S.  Please do not copy my prairie photos in any way without asking my permission first.  Thank you!

~Monika

1 comment:

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

Love the verigated flowers quilting. Those are sew cute. The flannel backing looks comfy. I wish it was cool enough here to play outside on the grass (+100's here). Visiting from WIP.
~ Kimberlee at The Spunky Diva 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *