Welcome

* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Thursday, 28 July 2011

Things I Love Thursday

 I love to snap photos while we fly down the highway on a hot summer day!



I love taking a chance by turning down an unknown dirt road to find treasures like this:




I absolutely love to stop on the road and roll down the windows
because
I love the way the air smells when I'm by a field of sweet clover.




I love to come home again and pick out the colors and fibres to recreate these memories.




I love to hear the hum of my machine as I lay down the colors of thread.




I do love how satisfying I find this practice.  
If you know anyone who wants their favorite piece of land done in up like this, please send them my way!  : )

Happy Thursday!

~Monika

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a seriously enviable stash of fabric.

Cheryl (Grandma Coco)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *