Welcome

* * * New Artworks * * * available at Handmade House, 710 Broadway Ave in Saskatoon

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Friday, 22 July 2011

Fabulous Friday (and winners announced)

To me,  fabulous is a particular color of green.  It gets me excited and makes me want to create.

zing!  what came in the mail

The fibres and embroidery floss is hand dyed.  I found it on Etsy, marked it as my favorite, and then jsut couldn't stop thinking about it... so I bought it.  It came all the way from the UK and was dyed by The Rainbow Girl.  Truthfully, I wish she was my neighbor, or my sister or something.  lol

The Twinings green tea sample is a Postcard!!  Isn't that cool?  I am in a "recycled" swap at PostCardCottage, and that's what my swap partner made me.  It's all stitched on, and it's extra cool because it also happens to be her last name.  (Thank you!!  I love it!)

I also want to show you some more 'fabulous'.  It's the blog of Nicki Ault.  I met her at the last art exhibit I was in, and I really love her art.  She has a whole series that are very small, but so rich and loose all at the same time.  Every once and while I need to go look at her work and it gives me new ideas on how to sew things.  I bet she doesn't know I do that!  But it's true.  Her 6x6 works are a real inspiration to me.  I kind of calm down and get lost in them.  That's a good thing when I have too much to focus on in other areas of my life.  Look at this one... click here

And OH! Before I forget, the winners of the ANPT magazine draw are:

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
FELICITY  &  JOYCE!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

whoop whoop - send me your mailing address : )

Thanks everyone for all the color combo inspiration! I'm off to search for flax this morning.

Have a fabulous Friday.
~Monika

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WooHoo!! Thanks Monika. I'll come by to pick it up. I'll call you next week:)
Joyce

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *