Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Saturday 25 June 2011

WOW. Wow!!

I'm still waiting for the postal strike to end so I can get my box of goodies from A Needle Pulling Thread in Ontario.  In the mean time, a little birdie told me that it's out on the stands.  I couldn't wait!!  So I headed out to McNally Robinson's Booksellers with my youngest boy, and sure enough, there it was, front and centre on the magazine shelves!!  WOW!


Woohoo!  I can't get over it.  I had to buy it.  My mother in law is coming on Sunday from Edmonton and I'll be passing this copy on to her I think.  (More are coming in that box I mentioned.)  I sat outside on this lovely sunny day to check out the article in this Summer edition.  All I can say is, 'WOW'. 


The pattern continues on the next three pages.  It's quite the spread!  ANPT - Thank you so much!  It really looks fabulous.  I'm in awe.  It's a simple quilt with straight forward instructions.  It's my third pattern I've ever written up.  Patterns are not my forte, so this was my way of challenging myself.  Boy did it ever pay off.  Now to get the mail moving so I can put more kits together. 

I won't show you all the details, because it is copywrited.  You can purchase the magazine online here.  However, I think they'll let me show you this little snippet.  It's pretty funny.  They made me do it.  You'll have to squint to catch it all.


Another World.  That will date me!  hehe

The give-away for this will happen once that box arrives. 

Have a GREAT weekend!! 
~Monika

16 comments:

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

congratulations. Is the magazine available in the states?

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

So exciting. It must be so good to have a copy in your hands.

Ellie said...

That's great. Well done you! Wish it was available in Scotland.
Elaine

Anonymous said...

that is so VERY, VERY EXCITING!!

Lisa said...

congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know that it's finally here. I went to McNally last Sunday but they didn't have it yet. I'll make a trip back now
to get it.
Congratulations!!!
Joyce

Margaret said...

Whoo hoo! I'm going to be in Red Deer tomorrow, so will be sure to look for it in Chapter's. Congratulations!

Cheryl said...

Couldn't happen to a nicer girl (... is that PC now? I'm never quite sure anymore)

Congratulations!!!

Poppyprint said...

Congratulations Monika!!! That is very exciting. You're a cover girl!! I was a Y&R addict for several years in high school. Thank goodness I found the cure and got off daytime TV before it was too late.

Anonymous said...

Big Sis Says: O! Super Job! Published! Is this magazine available in Northern Alberta? Just in case -- I will be hot footing it to the local quilt store to see if you are available there! I Can't Wait To See This! Congratulations!!

Nicki said...

Way to go! I'm so happy for you! This is a big deal!

Jeane said...

Congratulations Monika! This is a great event and very exciting to see a prairie girl making it big.

felicity said...

Y&R fans in high school represent!!

Ahem...congrats, Monika!!

Wendy said...

Well done Monika! Bravo! You deserve it you know...your work is amazing!
p.s. I used to watch that show many many years ago myself.lol

Christie describeHappy said...

Wow, wow, wow indeed!! I have been away this week.. so just reading now, but so excited for you!! Hitting the front page is really something -- and your answers made me laugh!

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

thanks everyone! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *