Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Friday 4 March 2011

Fabulous Friends Friday!

Really, I didn't think I'd have anything to blog about today.  But then yesterday turned out so very wonderful!  First, we headed of to the Mendel Gallery & Conservatory to play and have coffee with Michelle from Periwinkle Quilting and Beyond, our local quilt shop.  She reads my blog and I read her blog.  So we finally met up for a visit!  (Molly, you are next : )  It was a good spot where the kids could explore.  They sketched plants and copied down their latin names.  Michelle is is a great story teller.  She showed up with these little trinkets from a tropical island.


She told the kids how the shells arrived to the island, drew them a map in her journal, and then described each shell's name.  It turned out to be a great homeschool field trip for them!  It was a terrific experience for me too.  : )

Back at home tonight, I checked the mail.  POSTCARDS!  It's always so fabulous when they arrive.  This is from Brenda T. in the PostCardCottage swap group.  My paper pieced fish turned out really crappy, so I'll just show you hers.  ; )  She's good at it. 


That goes nicely with the shells, doesn't it?

And then I won a blog draw and Sunshower Quilts mailed me this!  She loves it, and was giving them away.  I use glue a lot for fibre art or applique, so this will be great to try.  Check her out her blog.  She's in Ontario.  She knows how to accu-cut for the Single Girl quilt-along you are all doing.  Ah ha!!


I am saving the BEST FOR LAST!  What is this????  Jesica lives in Lloydminster and I'm making her that white triangles quilt with her grandmother's stash.


I open it... heart skips a beat... many little gifts inside... you know this is going to be special...


the first gift opened...  GASP...  for my landscapes!


And more!


And another!


But wait, there's more!


WOW.  Thank you, thank you, and thank you.  Jesica, YOU ROCK!!!  : )

~Monika very happily thanks you all who made my day a marvelous one.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I love getting stuff in the mail. My hubby usually picks up the mail on is way home and now he can tell the packages that come from other quilters. He will yell 'looks like someone sent you something' and act like it's no big deal but then he hangs out over my shoulder while I shiver with excitement and open it. ;)

Scrappy quilter said...

What fun stuff to get in the mail. That post card is lovely. We use to visit the art gallery when we lived in Saskatoon. Brings back lots of memories.

Molly said...

i'm looking forward to tea with you and your littles, monika! although i don't have stories like michelle's to share....
have a lovely weekend!
cheers!
molly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *