Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Sunday 17 October 2010

Sunday Snapshots, #8

Today was the day.  I woke up calm.  Slowly packed all my art & tools etc into the van.  I drank lots of tea instead of my usual coffee because I figured that's what Michelle F. would do.  She drinks tea.  I made a pot of organic Blueberry White tea and it was soooo good!  I didn't even miss the coffee.

I took a break, and reached for my watch.  10:40.  I screeeeeeeeeeeeamed loud and high!  OMG  I was supposed to be hanging the show at ten thirty!  So off I went.  Michelle showed up later than me so I didn't feel so bad.  : )  We unpacked the van and got to work.  Here she is...


A BIG thank you Michelle!  We were there until 1:30 or so.  We were supposed to end by noon.  oops.  Arranging that shoe on the wall was harder than I thought.  I turned around to see another gallery with a hundred photos hung, and they were done & gone in less than an hour!  We took several hours.  Here I am...


We worked from the outside in.  The big quilts on the edges; the art in the middle.  I wanted everything horizontal in nice neat rows.  She was placing things vertically.  lol  It was Canadian Prairie Woman vs Australian Forest Woman.  That was so obvious.  ; )  

We ended up with flowing curves which I like, and a lot of crappy lighting which I don't like. I'm going to adjust some things and then I'll take a new & improved photo.  I don't even want to post this!  Here goes... (from my cell phone camera - click to see it bigger)


I'm not so happy with the burned out light bulbs and poorly aimed ones.  Good thing there is a glass ceiling above the walkway.  It's well lit in the daytime.  The floor has my red living room curtains topped with scattered photos and thread spools.  That was fun to do.

The mall opened by noon and the halls filled with movie-goers.  It was fun to sit there and listen to people as they stopped and pointed to their favorite piece.  : ) Maybe I'll hang out tomorrow and watch and listen.  

now to tackle the ridiculous amount of housework...

have a great weekend and thank you EVERYONE for your support!! : )
~Monika 

8 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Congrtulations!! It looks great, you must be so proud. I will have to stop by and take a closer look. Great job!

Sam said...

Congratulations! It really looks awesome. I must go see it in person!

Wendy said...

Yay!!!!

Janice Reynolds said...

from what I can see, it looks great. Can't wait to see it in person.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you Monika!! Congratulations!! Awesome job.
Stay inspired!

Tabitha said...

Congratulations, Monika! It looks amazing. Wish I could see it in person, but will have to settle for blog posts.

Molly said...

can't wait to see it monika!

Michelle in Saskatoon said...

looks great from the photos! i'll try to get by and see it soon, m

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *