Welcome

* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Friday, 29 October 2010

Mama Got Out of the House Today!

The greatest thing happened this morning.  All my plans/appointments fell through!  So I sat in the van with the heat running, wondering what to do after dropping my youngest off to preschool.  Quilt shop?  HECK YEAH!  I checked my cash situation and there was the funds from the flea market.  EVEN BETTER - it's the last Friday of the month and our local quilt shop shop has 40% off when you buy the bolt.  Too good to be true isn't it?  But wait - it gets better...  there was a notice of public space available for quilting get togethers!  

Pinch me.  Did I die and go to quilters' heaven?  Must have.  Here's what I bought there:  some fat quarters on a bolt of muslin.


I'm so excited to get modern fabrics in my favorite colors!! Here's some more arrangements.  These are Canadian fat quarters - so it's several inches bigger (1/4 meter instead of a 1/4 yard).


I know exactly what I'm going to do with them too!  And I can hardly wait.  I got more browns and antique yellows to go with the pretty gardening fabric I bought at guild night.  I'm even going to try incorporating grey into a quilt. 


And even splurged and bought a template.  Imagine that.  They are so inexpensive, but I always think, "I can make these myself".  Truth is, I never get around to it.  Too busy blogging.  haha


The only thing I regretted was not bringing a camera with me.  Periwinkle Quilting is so darn pretty inside!!  (Love the opened back space!)  

Now for more planning and dreaming while I wash up all this fabric.  In the mean time, CALL ME or email me or leave a post below if you are interested in a quilting bee / mom's night out / teaching & sharing evenings.  Apparently the new space has Friday nights available in the Saskatoon / Broadway area for a $5 drop in fee.  : ) 

~Monika

3 comments:

Flo said...

I love to see someone else get so excited about all the pretty colors! I have some beautiful fabric from the quilting store in Fernie, that I can't bear to cut into!!!
I would be interested in a sharing/teaching night, ( can I still do a mom's night out when my baby is 22??) but Friday nights might be tough for me to commit to on a regular basis. Will keep watching for more details :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I might be interested. But like Erron, I would knit or crochet. Did I tell you that Jenn Peak is starting to quilt? You should see all the little squares and triangles and exacto knives all around her house. You should give her a call!

Janina

My Sweet Prairie said...

I started quilting because of her! She's done it for a long time. : ) I'll ask her... : )

I spoke to the woman who owns the place, and she said space limit of 8. Fridays will be open drop in night "Quilt 'till you Wilt" (impossible, I know...) from 7 pm on. Open to the public already. They aren't done renos yet. I'll keep in tough! ; )

: )

~MKW

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *