Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Friday 23 April 2010

I'm really going to do this now!

Why do I find blogging so difficult? 
...Probably because I would rather be sewing!  In a short 3 years, I have made over 50 quilts, a dozen table toppers, several aprons, and nearly 40 pieces of art ranging from landscapes to postcards.  So here I am, attempting to brand myself to the world (or at least my friends and family).  I design everything I make and always have, the only exception being the aprons.

I have my established style now.  My quilts are generally earth tones, with pretty white on white floral prints. I love to work with white, chocolate brown, cranberry, wheat, and avacado (hungry yet?).  Tiny flowers are in the fabric of everything I make.  My backings are always a coordinated flannelette for warmth & weight.  I try to make every part of the quilt pretty - even the binding.   I love to add piecing or scallop the bindings. I never sash blocks. I like my quilts to be one large design.  I take pride in my stitches, and in the little details on fabric that I find (and hoard). 

 
The quilts are all made with pre-washed cottons. The battings range from cotton to bamboo, to 80/20 cotton/polyester blends, all of which tend to be low loft for machine quilting. In some cases I use embellishments such as buttons, or colorfast permanent paintsticks.

If you are not a quilter and don't have a clue what I'm talking about, then come on in to my blog and look and enjoy. Soak it all up. It's worth it. I have quilts and art for sale, and am available for commissioned work as well. ...Because everyone loves a good quilt! 


Don't forget to check my art pages here as well.  I love fibre arts!!

1 comment:

Luna said...

Way to go "My Sweet Prairie"! Your work is BEAUTIFUL. Wishing you many fulfilling hours of creation and everything you need to keep doing your thing..

Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *