Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Work in Progress...

I feel kind of weird. I just mailed away a Prairie Rug #3 to it's new owner in Vancouver (the far west of Canada), and my 'A Prairie Dress' is gone on it's way to Halifax (the eastern side of Canada) for the National Juried Show.  I am still in a blurr over that one!  How very strange to be spread coast to coast like that!  sigh.  Please be gentle Canada Post!  : )


I have been stitching too!  I have two smaller 'Bloom' redo's, and two smaller 'Flax at Jackfish' pieces.  I am currently working on the 'Denmark/Australia' commission... but I'll reveal that when it's done.

'Bloom' in progress once again.   Love it every time I stitch it!

For the rest of the week I have a hand quilting class, and YOU have more contests to enter.  Fun Fun!  I'm really glad I took a chance and asked for prizes.  I found some terrific sponsors!  So snoop around on my blog this week.  Winners will be announced on Saturday May 5th.

linking to The Needle & Thread Network!  Come see what others are up to...



17 comments:

Ellie said...

I love the yellow and green on your 'blooms' - it's looking great :)

Cheryl Coville said...

That's a nice angled shot of Bloom....pretty yellow flowers.

In stitches and seams said...

you get the best shots of your work. it looks sew very pretty. Congrats on being coast to coast.
in stitches

Susan J Barker said...

from Vancouver to Halifax, not so far, unless of course you walk it! Always exciting and amazing to think of one's work being recognized so far from home!

Heather Lair said...

I can't wait to see the Prairie dress in person in Halifax!
Heather

Linda said...

Me too! Can't wait to see
The Prairie Dress in Halifax.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Congrats on sending your work off! That's exciting (and scary - I agree with you!).

Wendy said...

How perfectly exciting for you. I am hoping to get to Halifax to the show and look forward to seeing your dress.

greelyrita said...

You'll be appreciated from sea to sea! ha ha. Good for you!

elle said...

How cool is that! sea to sea. Sew happy for you!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Another lovely piece Monika..congrats on your coast to coast. Canada Post will be very gentle...I mailed a queen size quilt to England Dec.9/11....it arrived on March 5/12...no less, but in perfect shape.. You can rest easy.

Mary Ann Tate said...

I think it's wonderful that you are getting the opportunity to go coast to coast. I love that shot you have posted...lovely:)

Regina said...

The all-Canadian Monika, from sea to shining sea....I am so happy for you!

Mrs.Pickles said...

lovely work!

Poppyprint said...

The 'new owner' is anxiously awaiting her package. It's a coast to coast week for you!

PrairiePeasant said...

The photographs of your work are so beautiful! They would make gorgeous prints to make into cards as well--hint, hint!

Jackie said...

I sent mine off this morning=)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *