Welcome

THIS JUST IN!
* * * OPEN STUDIO * * * Join me on Saturday, October 25 for my 'Studio Warming' & Art Sale 351 Crean Crescent, Saskatoon Hours: 11am-4pm & 6pm-8pm
please note the Hours of Open Studio - 11am to 4pm, and 6-8pm. (closing up for our family supper form 4 to 6)

* * * The MacKenzie Art Gallery, Regina SK & the SK Craft Council Boutique, Saskatoon carry my work.
* * * Prairies juried fibre exhibition Oct 2 - Nov 28 @ DOW Centennial Centre Fort Saskatchewan, AB
* * * Young at Art - Visiting Artist Sessions for 5-10yr olds presented by the Children's Discovery Museum in Saskatoon. sign up via Picatic (linked)

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Friday, April 20, 2012

Teaching, Learning, and Show & Tell

What a BUSY week.  Oh my.  I taught two classes, and I took two classes!  The 2 postcards workshops were great.  I always enjoy offering them.  I got a couple photos from Judy, the owner of the Studio on Ninth.  They are from the second class (the day I forgot my camera).

hey look, it's me!  Thanks Judy : )

aren't they pretty!!??  : )  Click to see them bigger...

Then, this afternoon, I attended the second of a four part Wonderfil thread course called "Luscious Threads".  There was a project today with really, REALLY thin thread that I quite enjoyed.  I did a lot of free motion work, raw edge applique, and even did my first-ever trapunto!  I thought that was pretty cool.  It was a non-traditional method where you don't have to slice the backing fabric.  I still can't get over how thin that thread was - Decobob & Invisifil.  It was like hair.  Seriously.

you can barely see the thread!
pretty, though I should not have outlined the Trapunto with beige thread.  Just a sampler...

Last, but not least, I attended the final night of my USCAD class.  This was made possible by a scholarship from the Saskatoon Quilters' Guild.  It was thirteen 3-hour evenings of "Experimental Fibre Art II".   The purpose of the class was collaboration.  I started two pieces and passed them on to other classmates to complete, and I finished one piece that someone else started.  There is also the wrapping piece, and one last one I collaborated on with Jill Cope (also a member of our quilt guild).  I will absolutely post photos, but not until after our class exhibit!  : )  I love love love what I made.

I had no idea, but our Instructor Anahit has booked a space at the University this Thursday night if you would like to come see!  6-8pm would be great, and it's free.  I'm pretty proud of my work!  It's very... experimental.  : )  We will be there earlier to set up and check out the space for the first time.  Here is the poster Anahit made to announce the event!


I won't be there until shortly after 5, but will stay until 8 when we take our art home.  Most of us feel that the one who finished the art will keep the piece... I think?  hmmm.  I hope to see some friendly faces there!

3 comments:

Keira said...

I don’t even know the way I finished up right here, however I assumed this publish was great. I do not realize who you are but definitely you are going to a well-known blogger in case you are not already. Cheers!

Kit Lang said...

Uhh... to Keira - Monika is a well known blogger! lol

Anyway nice to "see" you, and your class's work looks great. Looking forward to seeing what you made - looked at the poster and I can't figure it out. lol

Margaret said...

Congrats on the success of your classes -- taught and studied. :-) I am intrigued by the title of that show, "Experimental Fiber Art". As a Canadian show, the publicity person should know how to spell 'fiber' correctly ('fibre)...but even more interesting was that first word in the title. Where I live in Central Alberta, all fibre art is "experimental"! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *