Welcome

THIS JUST IN!
* * * OPEN STUDIO * * * Join me on Saturday, October 25 for my 'Studio Warming' & Art Sale 351 Crean Crescent, Saskatoon Hours: 11am-4pm & 6pm-8pm
please note the Hours of Open Studio - 11am to 4pm, and 6-8pm. (closing up for our family supper form 4 to 6)

* * * The MacKenzie Art Gallery, Regina SK & the SK Craft Council Boutique, Saskatoon carry my work.
* * * Prairies juried fibre exhibition Oct 2 - Nov 28 @ DOW Centennial Centre Fort Saskatchewan, AB
* * * Young at Art - Visiting Artist Sessions for 5-10yr olds presented by the Children's Discovery Museum in Saskatoon. sign up via Picatic (linked)

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Prairie Rug #4

Look!  I finished another.  This one is a little bigger than the first 3.  I love how it flows, and it's so fun popping all the colors up like pixels painting.

Prairie Rug #4

My husband asked, "why are you doing that?  Your other stuff is way better"  Hehe.  I like this though - what I end up with is always such a surprise because of the prints or gradations in the fabric scraps.



7 comments:

Bee said...

Husbands....you've gotta love them...bless their hearts. : ) This looks like great fun and I love the results!

Kit Lang said...

It's fun! I'm making a rag rug right now (whenever I feel like it) and sometimes you just have to have mindless fun. :)

liniecat said...

Bless him, they are smashing....maybe he needs glasses?!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Husband like to keep us on the right track...or what they believe is the right track...lol. I like everything you do; and it is nice to have a change once in awhile.

Cheryl (Grandma Coco) said...

I guess your husband's entitled to his own opinion but I really like this avenue you're on.

HollyM said...

I can sort of get what your husband means. To them it would seem like your thread painted works are more realistic with more detail. I like the little rugs though. It's quite different using fabric instead of wool.

Christie DescribeHappy said...

Looks like you are having a nice time with your hooky! And sometimes it's great to switch it up a bit for the variety, right? And the results... stunning!! I love the roughness and texture of it! Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *