Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Friday 13 January 2012

I Am So Excited!

Lookie!  Here it is...


On Friday morning, before the gallery lights were on, my daughter and I stopped by the Saskatchewan Craft Council to pick up some paperwork... (ahaha) which I forgot, because I was too busy taking photos.  The 'Seeds' group exhibit of emerging fine craft artisans in Saskatchewan is up until February 26th.  There's my "A Prairie Dress"  !!! and to the right of it is the "Knock Your Socks Off!" shoes that go with it.

I love this view from the back of the gallery. 

I really look forward to meeting the other artisans.  The reception is 7-9 pm on Friday, January 20th.  I'll be there with my Husband Michael, so please say hello!  (It happens to be his birthday FYI.)  Don't forget to sign the guest register.  ; )


The Affinity Gallery is also the office space of the Saskatchewan Craft Council.  The address is 813 Broadway Avenue, Saskatoon.  The gallery is open seven days a week from 1pm to 5 pm.  Admission is free with donations accepted.


What will I wear?  What will I wear?  I told everyone I would "be there with bells on".  hmmm...

9 comments:

Kit Lang said...

When I saw the title of your post in my reader I smiled and thought to myself "But she's ALWAYS excited about something..." (it's one of the things we like about you); and then I came to see what you're excited about this time.

Congratulations! It looks really amazing in situ. A wonderful honour. :)

Kit

Ellie said...

How exciting - your dress look wonderful. I wish I lived there I would come and see you :))

Michelle in Saskatoon said...

I'm sorry that I won't be there the night of the opening, but you can bet I'll make a point of going in later.
The photos in the 2nd last post make me feel not bad about coming back there during what is usually the coldest month! Seriously it is true that the people there more than compensate for cold weather. M

Leanne said...

Your dress is wonderfully displayed, congratulations!

Bee said...

I'm so excited for you!!! Your dress looks wonderful! I wish I lived close enough to come see your beautiful work and meet you face to face! Congratulations!

Cheryl (Grandma Coco) said...

It's exciting to go into a gallery and see your own work on display. I hope you'll enjoy the opening. It looks like a lovely venue.

CitricSugar said...

That's wonderful! I'll try and swing by, if I don't get buried in studying. :-)

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Your Prairie Dress is sensational (I know I've told you this before but it's worth repeating). You have me curious as to what you will wear......

Nicki said...

I expect to see you in bells! Or just whip up another prairie dress no problem!!! :o) I am thrilled for you and I am immediately putting this in my calendar! Congratulations! Wheeee!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *