Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Things I Love Thursdays

I love when people are nice.  It's so easy to be kind, and it really make the world a better place.  I've been seeing posts on the internet lately by a local man who has lots of scrap lumber from the tear-down of an old fence.  He's giving it away so it's repurposed and stays out of the landfill.  I emailed him to ask if I could have a about five boards only.  I wanted to put them all in a row like a gate and then white wash it to use as a backdrop for photographing my work.  I see people using shingled walls, brick walls, their favorite tree...  I thought I would like old fence boards.  He gave me his address and said the boards were out in the driveway to pick up.  Check out what he left me!



How cool is that!?  He built me my mini-picture display wall, and even cut the tops of the boards all fancy for me!  Wow - it's perfect.  I was so amazed, and he just kept giggling like it was no big deal.  So I've spent the day cleaning it and priming it.  It's looking good!  I love it and I can't wait to photograph my latest stuff! Thank you sir!

11 comments:

felicity said...

Oh how lovely of him! That make me smile.

Jan Maree said...

That is so nice and your reaction probably made his day as much as he made yours

Anonymous said...

Big Sis Says: Love, Kindness, and Caring make the whole world go round!! XO

Ellie said...

It is really nice to be nice - and this was a really nice thing for him to do.

Wendy said...

I can just imagine the enjoyment he got while working on your "gate", possibly chuckling to himself over your up-coming reaction. The fact that you were so appreciative was payment enough. So nice to hear things like this!

Sheila said...

Such a sweet and kind jesture and wonderful he is keeping this fence from the landfill too .I can see someone making wonderful birdhouses with this lumber .I'm happy for you that you have this really cool display wall for your work :-)

Anonymous said...

As "they" say, What goes around, comes around.
So true.
Joyce

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

oh great idea! And he was so sweet to get them ready for you!
I will be over to try it out with my next quilt LOL

elle said...

Blessings to your local man. The fence will be a perfect display background. Great ideas all around!

Katrina said...

I bet he had a wonderful time paying it forward for you! I tell you Karma is an amazing force - you get back what you put out there and you just got something good back for all the good you put out there! Congrats on your new wall. Hugs

ann said...

Lovely story Monika. But why are you surprised?...he's Canadian eh?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *