Welcome

* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Sunday, 17 July 2011

Sunday Snapshots #46

And now for something completely different... I try my eye at black and white for the first time.  What a different world!!  I was not expecting this.

my deep dark Tiger Lilies look pale.

dark pink echinacea flowers look so light!

Black and white definately makes the busy candid shots more interesting I think.

1 monkey at 8 am.

2 monkeys at 8:30 am.

monkey #3 likes to read.

Happy Sunday!
~Monika

4 comments:

Zoe said...

I really like the hammock shot- makes me want to get one!! Then I would have to make time and sit still and relax in it- don't know if that would happen!

A Girl said...

Great candid shots of your monkeys. :)

Becky said...

Very cute! Love the kid shots! Does your camera have b & w, or did you do it on photo editing? I love black and white pictures! I've heard it's a great way to capture your color variations on a quilt.. ie take a picture of your fabric choices before sewing to see the play with light and dark values...

Cheryl said...

You know I love black and white. You can hide a lot with colour, but b&w doesn't lie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *