- emailed supply lists & directions to all the women taking my Postcard Workshop this weekend!!
- revamped my handouts & printed copies for each person
- read pages after pages of legalease and signed the Centre Gallery agreement forms for December
- completed three 'Intent to Enter' forms for the big quilt show this fall!!! Yes I did, I really did!
- registered kids for classes
- attended the planning meeting for the SQG Evening Programming Committee 2011/12.
- phoned up Margot Lindsay for a nice chat. She's just lovely. ; )
- wrote up some thank-you cards and delivered some of my art to buyers.
- did the paperwork & then met with our Homeschool Liason to give our year-end assessment and log of accomplishments and activities.
I won't begin to list all the yard work I have accomplished. In between everything, I did a little doodling on scrap fabric with needle and thread while outside with the kids. I seriously needed this little, highly focused 'me time' between the paperwork and the yardwork. I must admit, I think I really am addicted. When I couldn't stitch, I was C R A N K Y. Oh my. I need my fix!
|bigger photo coming up...|
Yup - it's all white. I bought those pretty earthy flosses last week and they just fall apart. So I pulled out some white crochet string and started to get lost in the stitching. I'm all better now. : ) I realize you can't see it at all, so here's a closer look. I think I'll stitch whispy long horizontal clouds into the yellow sky.
|ahhhh... Monika gets her therapy : )|
I have no plans for this. It's purpose was pure therapy. I've seen some reliefs done like this and then painted all white over top. Later you can brush color over it and only the raised parts will catch it. Very cool! I'm not sure I will do that. I may just leave it.
As for my commissions, every time I pulled out one and cleared my sewing table to work on it, my youngest started picking on the older kids. Oh dear. A nanny for her, or botox for my deeper frown lines? I just cannot decide. It's nothing a good day at the lake can't cure!
See you all tomorrow,
to see more quilts in progress, head on over to Lee's at Freshly Pieced.
Also linking to Esther's eclectic WIP Wednesday (new for me!)