Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Works in Progress Wednesday

I am working on three things for W.I.P. Wednesday.  The first is writing out thank you notes for all the lovely people who are giving new homes to my work.  I've been making 'deliveries' this week.  I've been processing all the wonderful things that happened and logging what pieces went where.  I mailed my mother some photos of my art and I can't wait to hear what she thinks.  She is 'computer free' and has not seen the new stuff! 

auditioning a frame for "Spring on the Prairie"

It's the first of the month!  That means it's time for the new PostcardCottage swaps to go up.  I haven't decided on the themes yet.  That's something I need to do today.  On Monday night, I did a short presentation to the Saskatoon Quilters' Guild on fabric postcards.  I passed around all the cards I've received from swaps over the year.  It was an nerve-free presentation because it had nothing to do with me.  The huge creative variety was a great hit - so thank you to all the fabulous card makers in my group.  They loved you!  They thought the postcards were so terrific in fact, that I got lassoed into teaching a class later this month!  If you live in the area and you are interested in a very fun and and highly creative workshop, please email me at mysweetprairie@gmail.com .  If you want to jump right and start swapping, click on the link in the left sidebar.  It will take you to the PostcardCottage homepage.

OR CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP

a card I mailed off a year ago
what the backs look like when they arrive in the mail 

The last thing I'm working on this week is MY YARD.  Goodness, do I ever have a lot to catch up on.  I managed to get one apple tree planted in the front, and I cut the grass too.  But the garden and flowerbed in the back yard need some serious attention.  The good new is that I have never seen so many strawberry blooms!  There are hundreds and hundreds.  It's going to be a good harvest!

this is about one quarter of my strawberry patch!!  : )

That is all I have to report on today.  Mandy, Kate, and Jesica - after the yard, you are all it!  I hope for next week that I will have more to report.

have a great day,
~Monika

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabric postcard workshop?? When? Where?
Joyce

PS: loved your presentation :)

Becky said...

How neat! I just got in an order of cellophane envelopes yesterday (had to order them from Etsy), so mine will go out today!!! Can't wait to get some and hear how others like them! I'm tempted to put pictures on my blog, but don't want to spoil any surprises!

Grandma Coco said...

And you mow your own lawn, too? Jeez....when do you sleep?

Colleen said...

Hi Monika

I'd be interested in knowing how you attach your pieces to your frames. Are they behind glass? I usually make larger quilts, but I made three small paper pieced quilts and framed them using standard, square frames from Michaels. They are behind glass, but the glare makes them hard to see.

Thanks

Rebel said...

I love quilting and I love postcards. I've got to look into doing a swap. So cute!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *