Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Saturday 7 May 2011

Read All About It

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since this Sunday SUN paper came out.  It's a free weekly paper that is delivered to every home in the city.  It's a really long article that isn't on the web.  I'm not up to retyping the whole thing, and I've been having difficulties trying to get it on the blog and still be readable.  I know many of my friends who don't get this paper are wanting to read the article, so this is for you!

the newspaper cart while we wait on our side of the street : )

Finally on Easter weekend, it arrivied!  My mug was actually on the front page, and inside was a full page article by Darlene Polachic.  She sought me out after seeing my work at a recent exhibit.  Here's the page!


And here, in several photos, is the entire article.  I really love the title she made!  The spelling of my name changed a few times in the article, and I'm a non-juried member of the SCC.  Other than that, everything is pretty right on.  She did an excellent job.  What an honor.  Read all about it!





Isn't that terrific?  I love how impressed she was with my well organized studio.  (You all saw the before and after photos!?)  One last correction - I have patterns in Quilters Connections and A Needle Pulling Thread magazine.  Only a fibre postcard was in Quilting Arts. 

I hope all the blurry newsprint photos weren't too hard to read.
Have a great weekend and enjoy mother's day tomorrow!

~Monika

14 comments:

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

WoW! You are getting to be so popular...can we still be friends so I can say I know someone famous? CONGRATULATION!!!!

Rachel Slote-Brown said...

Congrats on the article! Your work is beautiful.

Becky said...

Yea!!! Thanks for sharing! Love it!

Bee said...

Congratulations on a great article (even though your name is misspelled a few times)! I'm with Diane.....I'm telling everyone that I know a famous artist! Your work is beautiful and your new-found fame is well deserved!

Margaret said...

Congratulations, Monika! Thanks for sharing this. :-)

Lynette said...

Yeah, it is. :D Pretty darned exciting!!! Your works are amazing, though. They really are.

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOOOOO!!! monika, thatz fabulouscz! :) you andz yer creative wonder-ness are simply beautifulz. xoxox Whim

Grandma Coco said...

We had looked for the article online when it first came out and were disappointed that we wouldn't be able to read it. Thank you for making it available. Congratulations!

felicity said...

Congratulations again, Monika!

Chiara Z said...

Great article! So much detail about your work; your development of ideas; techniques, materials . . . it reads like she really got a handle on what you do. What an encouraging thing to be delivered to your entire town:)

Jeane said...

When you first posted about the article, I felt sad that I couldn't read it for myself. Thank you for publishing it and it protrays your talents so well. Congratulations.

Molly said...

and i really, really will get those extra copies to you, my dear!
have a lovely mother's day!
cheers
molly

Peggy said...

Congratulations - what an honor!

Tara said...

Now you need to post a picture of your Highway 51 piece you did. You're just teasing us!

Congratulations on the wonderful article. You truly deserve all the accolades.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *