Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Wednesday 2 February 2011

What I'm Working On Wednesday : )

Happy Groundhog's Day!  (Is it happy?)  It's Feb 2.  Midwinter.  The temperature here is rising 30 degrees in 24 hours!  My machine is off to a new technician, and now I wait.  I've been hand stitching some things.  Want to see?  I got the binding on the bookstore quilt.  I hooped the bare blocks and began stitching out sillouettes in chocolate brown.  I used a fast-fade fabric pen.  It does fade fast FYI.  lol  Can you guess what these will be?

imagine brown button eyes...

I also had a long overdue visit with my beautiful 19 yr old nephew.  He's the sweetest guy ever. 


Our parrot likes him too.  He's a Pisces, and turning 20 soon.  He told me his favorite colors are deep ocean colors - blue, purple, green, and black.  Got it.  He's getting a quilt. I think he really liked the friendship star blanket i made my oldest boy.  It's full of triangles, so that's what he'll get.  If it takes a long long time, then maybe I'll put it in the guild's show in the fall first.  : )

Oh!  And the new swaps are up at PostCardCottage!

Spring Bunny pop-art postcard, 2010

Interested?  The link on my sidebar will take you to the homepage.  The themes are:  Green & 1 other color, Paper-pieced Fish, and Landscapes.  You have to make three cards for every swap you join and mail them out by the middle of March.  Easy.

And check out my horoscope for the week, courtesy of the Sunday paper.  Hmm... 


That 'picture in my wallet' is of a machine that sews properly so I can make amazing things.  Until then, Mandy's commission, Jesica's, and all my art for Gardenscapes will have to wait too.  Oh, and then there's the commission I got from an Etsy shopper too!  Part of me has this crazy ideal that I'll actually be able to sew how i want.  But it feels like a dream and not a realistic expectation.  Still... I wish...  crossin' my fingers!

~Monika
To see what others are up to this week,
visit WIP Wednesdays at Lee's Blog

9 comments:

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Looks like an owl to me!

Love the chocolate brown with the pink and white, very nice. Looking forward to seeing it all finished.

Bee said...

Your nephew is a lucky young man to have such a sweet Aunt who will make a beautiful quilt for him! I know he'll treasure it. I'm sure you miss your new machine, but hand stitching is so soothing. You are always so productive!! I wish I could accomplish a fourth of what you do in a week!

Angie said...

I am amazed every time I see hand quilting.

Elizabeth Dackson said...

At least you've got the hand-stitching to keep you busy until your machine comes back. I hope it's back and working really soon! :)

Christie describeHappy said...

Oh dear, hope your machine is the way you like it when you get it back! Are you feeling better? We are under snow and ice again today. Hoping I can count shoveling and snow angels with the dog toward our challenge :)

And, I am finally finding myself with a few quiet sewing hours today and putting binding on Confetti with your tut! Can't wait to show you! Wishing you a lovely day!

Melissa said...

Love the colors on the Bunny post card :)

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Thanks everyone for the well wishes : ) No machine is alright for a bit. I have some sketches to do, measurements to sort out, pressing, slicing, some hand stitching, and I have 192 more half-square triangles to cut for Jesica's quilt! lol I got eight so far. That will keep me going.

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

TYPO... I have 792 more of each. I need 800 colored and 800 white 1/2 square triangles : )

Lee said...

Enjoy your hand-stitching and your 1600(?!) squares to cut!!! Yikes, that'll keep you busy!

Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday, have a great week! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *