Welcome

* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Thursday, 24 February 2011

Things I Love Thursdays

I love the prairies.

photo by me, 2010

I love love sewing with machines that work.  : )


I love fibre art.  Really and truly.


I love watching this bowl fill with tails of thread.  It's full of proof that I'm working.


And I love taking chances with my art.  You just never know where opportunities will lead.

: )
~Monika

4 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

love it all ! Your fabric art is amazing!

Anonymous said...

I love the longer sunny days :)
Joyce

Dena said...

Hi Monika, I enjoyed the read today. You have great tips. I said I would pull out my quilt and show you a photo. I love what you wrote about your quilt before you knew how to quilt.

I am a little concerned that I will not be able to pull off my turtlte quilt, so many mistakes and messy work. I'll post it and send you the link.

Have a great weekend!

Dena OWOH #324

Christie, Describe Happy said...

You look like you are having so much fun! I am always so amazed at the detailed fibre art you create! Stunning! Plus that tail bowl is such a fun idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *