WOW what a fun weekend! It rose thirty degrees (40 if you account for the windchill), and naturally we all headed outside. FUN FUN. The sun shone all day. It was marvelous!! I walked with my boys to the park to sled and skate on the lake.
I love to skate on lakes when it's sunny and warm. Can you tell!?
No - the mansion in the background is not mine. lol
Oh the sky was SOOOO blue! We spotted this kite... pretty primaries!
My oldest boy took all the photos. Look! They found a fish!?
And good news! I came across this while cleaning out my studio! It's perfect to use in a quilt for the "Making Waves" show theme! Another great piece is on it's way from Spoonflower.
In the meantime, I came across this really great article from a Calgary blogger. If you are considering having your work judged or juried, this a great read. It makes me not so nervous. It's all about learning. Click here to read the post:
Have a terrific Monday! Don't forget about "Tips on Tuesday". The topic will be on Children in the Sewing Room. I hope all the stay-at-home-moms and homeschoolers will chime in. : )
* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Group Show Funky, Fresh & Full of Spice @ Paved Arts, Saskatoon June 23 & 24 ONLY
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception July 8, 2017 Station Arts
* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *
Hi! Welcome back to Tips on Tuesdays! This week is all about binding. Please leave a tip in the comments section at the end of the...
At the last meeting of the Embroiderers' Guild, I was given a little project to take home. It was several candlewicking pieces that req...
I'm teaming up with Brandy-Lynn Maslowski this week to get you all excited about a big postcard swap! Brandy-Lynn is the host of Canadi...
Sidney is the daughter of a friend of mine. In preparation for June awards nights and graduation from highschool, they dreamed up a sash/cu...
Welcome back to Tips on Tuesdays ! This week, the topic is Piecing . Add your tips to the comments for everyone to read. You are welcome ...
If you are settling in to some spring / summer sewing projects, I'm going to let you in on a very fun Call for Entry. The Kathy Theissen...
I'm slightly unsure of telling you about this one.. but here goes. It's different for me but it's just what I was waiting for. ...
Here it is... the long awaited commission for D. She's the one who said, "just make me something. Be creative." I don't...
Welcome to Saturday Stitches, where you watch me learn embroidery stitches! You can find all Saturday Stitches posts in the "Tutorials...
It's up! It's all up! In total, there were four afternoons at Saskatoon Open Door Society with two groups of newcomers at the Wome...