Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Saturday, 28 August 2010

Rosehips Under Glass

Here it is, as promised!  The rosehips by the shore... transformed into fibre art. 

 

I did the stitching on a very tough canvas-like fabric called Buckrum.  It's under glass in a dark cherry wood frame.  It's amazing.  But the glass glares so bad when I photograph it that you cannot see the art.


I think it looks really sharp with the black matting.  It brings out all the black threads.


I stitch-sketched all the focused foreground and left all the blurry background unstitched.  I then pushed the berries and leaves and stems forward with a blunt tool in order to create a trapunto effect.  I then flipped the piece back and pushed the background deeper back by stretching the canvas with the same tool.


Nice.  I like it. 

But now I just want to make more!  : )
~Monika
happy to put her photos into fabric 

1 comment:

Michelle V. Alkerton said...

Great job!! You can get non-glare glass :).
Stay inspired!
Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *