Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Saturday 28 August 2010

Rosehips Under Glass

Here it is, as promised!  The rosehips by the shore... transformed into fibre art. 

 

I did the stitching on a very tough canvas-like fabric called Buckrum.  It's under glass in a dark cherry wood frame.  It's amazing.  But the glass glares so bad when I photograph it that you cannot see the art.


I think it looks really sharp with the black matting.  It brings out all the black threads.


I stitch-sketched all the focused foreground and left all the blurry background unstitched.  I then pushed the berries and leaves and stems forward with a blunt tool in order to create a trapunto effect.  I then flipped the piece back and pushed the background deeper back by stretching the canvas with the same tool.


Nice.  I like it. 

But now I just want to make more!  : )
~Monika
happy to put her photos into fabric 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job!! You can get non-glare glass :).
Stay inspired!
Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *