Welcome

* * * TEACHING * * * Creative Quilted Postcards Workshop Rosthern SK July 18, 2017. Register by calling the Station Arts Centre @ 306.232.5332
* * * PUBLISHED * * * Artist feature in Stitchillo, a brand new book in a series called 'Encyclopedia of Inspiration' from UPPERCASE (click to link)
* * * EXHIBITION * * * Homeland: A Collection of Prairie Threadpaintings by Monika Kinner-Whalen. Kathy Theissen Gallery in Rosthern SK. July & August 2017 Reception 10 am to noon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 Station Arts

Enter your email to get posts directly to your inbox. Thank you for following!

Tuesday, 31 August 2010

The Other End of the Spectrum

After finishing that orange Daisy Daisy quilt, and collecting masses of tigerlilies from the garden, I am completely drawn to the other end of the spectrum.


I don't have a clue what will result, but I do know that I have the perfect thread!!


 Oh yeah.  : )  I like it!!  So I begin strip piecing.  I love when it ripples like candy!


My plan is to make a child-sized quilt, and hopefully create a documented pattern along the way.  : )   Quilter's Connection Magazine is a new Canadian publication that needs patterns submitted, and I'm feeling responsible ; ).

~Monika K.
Sewing in Saskatoon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *