Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Sunday 17 August 2014

Commission for ME (!) And one completed..

A commission for me.  YES!  Remember last year when I commissioned an illustrator to make a family cartoon for the holidays?  It was the BEST.  No regrets.  Now in anticipation of my new workspace, I've been dreaming up something special - something very personal and from my heart.  I approached a fibre artist that I consider to be SPECTACULAR.  I found her work on Flickr and decided to 'pop the question'.  She said yes!  I'm so thrilled.  I'll show you when it's done.  Her style is very specific (for lack of better term) so if I show her off now, you'll miss half of the excitement when I unveil the final artwork.  I am buzzing with happy over this.  I makes me understand how important of a role an artist has with a personal commission.


Speaking of commissions, I just finished up a threadpainting for a very special woman who is soon to be leaving the prairies.  She requested the grasses swaying in the breeze.   I just finished it up this morning.  I'm not sure yet what to name this piece, but it's a big deal I think.  She'll be taking this little bit of prairie with her, packed up in a box with her belongings, next to other boxes full of more of the same.  I'm not sure where she's going, but I understand it's a big move.  It was life changing for me the day I came back to the prairie.  It's bittersweet thinking about her leaving.

If you are reading this, I hope you love this and I sincerely wish you all the best on the next chapter in your life.  : )



10 comments:

elle said...

You captured it wonderfully. But gee, I hope it isn't the end of summer JUST yet! :O

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

I know! Tsk tsk. I am actually leaning toward calling it, "Height of Summer".

Yes.
That.

:)

Patti said...

Love this piece. "Height of Summer" would be very appropriate. Can't wait to see the work of your "other" fibre artist!

SuperMomNoCape said...

The prairie grass waving is beautiful! Your work is amazing.

I'm definitely in a new chapter of my life and it's pretty darn good but I do believe that the best chapter is yet to be written. :)

Lin said...

Beautiful Monika. xx

HollyM said...

Oh, it is pretty! I like the close up of the grasses.

Unknown said...

Fantastic, I love very much.Sumara/Brasil

Terri said...

She has some prairie to take with her. It's beautiful.
Hugs

Threadpainter said...

I know that if I were 'she' I would become very emotional whenever I gazed on this very lovely, poignant piece ! Lovely job !

genie holt said...

This is beautiful work. I find the patterns in weeds here in Arizona so lovely but outside of a few sketches and some photographs I've done nothing with the info. Your work is inspiring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *