Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Wednesday 19 July 2023

July Fieldwork

Summer is in full swing. It feels more like August. Things are ahead of themselves. The berries are dry and the tops of the European Poplars that turn yellow after the August long weekend did so on July 7th. ! Here are some advances of the landscape as of lately.

Fireweed, Treaty 6 Territory
(Cochin Hills in the distance)

Chokecherries

It is odd to see so many golden leaves in mid July. This is on the way down to the water from my cabin studio.

And look at this next image of the big rocks along the shore. When I was a girl, I used to know these rocks like the back of my hand and could run across them without missing a beat. Now as a women with progressive glasses? No way! : ) 

The thing about the rocks though, is that they never had the spots on them. So this is some kind of lichen I assume? And then, I'm curious why now and will it continue and what colours will it become and why? How interesting to see this change.

I get lost in the shadows

It's so beautiful out here. Even the bugs are gorgeous.

shiny turquoise stripes on crimson

Everything is changing even if you think it's not. The spike is decomposing while the moss is reaching and expanding.

I love snooping around quietly with my camera. This old rotting wood deck is fully alive again. Green and breathing. Soft and squishy. 


And from that photo, I spied flowers. : ) One last photo...

Have a beautiful day,
~ Monika

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *