Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Thursday 10 July 2014

Things I Love Thursdays

I love watching my children spend their days and nights at the lake.  It was such a huge part of my upbringing.


We love staying as long as the light will hold.  The evenings are so calm.  The sky clears.  The wind dies down.  The beach becomes deserted.  The kids who are left zone out into a very magical world.  I think it's a great emotional thing for them to have an entire lake to themselves for a couple hours.


The stray picnic table became an island where no one can touch you.

So I sat there long after everyone else had packed up and left with (in some cases) sobbing children.  It IS so hard to leave that world because supper calls.


I love that this beach is 20 minutes from my house.  I just left them exploring until they were ready to leave.  It was so quiet, unlike the screaming, active beach in the middle of the afternoon - or the little overcrowded classroom during the recess bell.  : )  Time alone in your thoughts amidst nature makes a big impact on the soul. 

hmmm... maybe mom is next.

WOoo - how's that for a deep post?  : )

Have a lovely Thursday!  Get out - be outside.  Be alone in it.  Open all your senses.  See what happens. : )


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *