Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Progress.

I finished that second scene from Cranberry Flats.  The hand stitching is all done.  It's 7x7" and will be in my exhibit at the Centre / Jade Gallery for December.  Well - maybe.  I might want to keep it for myself.  I'll have to stare at it lots before I let it go.

Cranberry Flats, 2012 (click photo to view larger)

There is a lot of handstitching hiding in here.  I added some pale dry green here and there - remnants of summer past.  The white puffs are marigolds gone to seed mixed in with dry, dry sage.  The bright orange bits are the leaves and fruit of the wild roses that filled the field.  I had it at the framers today and the one we picked will just pazow! this piece.  You know... PAZOW!  : )  At least that is how I would explain it.  -sigh-  I am so excited to see it done!

Now is when the pieces I have started will need to move toward completion.  I think this one will get purples by the roadside, yellows in the end of the field, and teeny bits of baby blue down in the grass.  We'll see how this goes.  This one is a bit of an experiment.

flower colors for 'By The Roadside' (in progress)

While I sat in a hallway at the University waiting for my boys tonight, I sorted through some of my photos on my laptop.  I forgot about a whole pile of them - the day I went out in search of flax, and the time spent at Jackfish Lake.  I took thousands and thousands this year.  Some of them are nagging at me, but I won't have time (nor sanity) to get any more done before this month ends.  Still... here's one I forgot about.

real?

Sometimes my family laughs at me saying, "your stitching looks real and your photos look fake".  That's funny - but I do admit that last photo looks unreal.  Linking to WIP Wednesday at TN&TN... one of my favorite places to check out other bloggers.  

Have a good day!

13 comments:

CitricSugar said...

That's hilarious! Funny how it works out that way sometimes…

There are no words for your Cranberry Flats piece… I have a deep love for it.

Unknown said...

I can't imagine how do you stich all those stitches! :) but it's really real and very beautiful! love your works.
hugs from Russia

Karen said...

LOVE the Cranberry Flats, Monika. Sooooo wish I could see these in person, they are spectacular on the screen.

HollyM said...

That last photo looks like stitch already! Your pieces are all so texturely beautiful! Can I say that? It's just hard to find apt descriptors. I could stare at them for ages looking at all that detail.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Beautiful Monika....it still amazes me!!

Susan J Barker said...

You make me turn green! I so enjoy watching your pieces develop and to see the final creation. I think if I created one, I would keep it. But then, hmmm, maybe not...

Mary Ann Tate said...

Such a lovely piece of work...I love it.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your work is so beautiful! Honestly I don't know how you can part with any of them. I know that making more helps to let go of previous ones though.

Dahn said...

This looks awesome! I love the trees the most..

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Extraordinary piece!Absolutely love it!

Anonymous said...

Hi MOnika,

I am wondering if you have a book that conains all the embroidery stitches? I just bought one from Amazon (The STitch Bible) and I am very disappointed with it. Looking for a good one.
Ruth

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Extraordinary! How do you do it! So many stitches. It DOES look real. I have been gazing at it and can't stop. Could I ask what that green material is in the 2nd piece?

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Extraordinary! How do you do it! So many stitches. It DOES look real. I have been gazing at it and can't stop. Could I ask what that green material is in the 2nd piece?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *