Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Monday 31 October 2011

My Art at SaskMade Marketplace!

I was invited to bring in some art to display for sale at SaskMade Marketplace on 8th Street in Saskatoon.  How cool is that!?  I have only brought in one piece so far, since my solo show at the Centre Galleries is just 4 weeks away.  I decided to 'let go' of the piece that won second place in the Fine Arts category this past summer.  I'm not sure what the store will price it at, but I thought I would let you know!  By the way, they are having a grand opening on Saturday, November 5th.  Boy, it's looking good in there!  I took these with my cell phone the night I dropped off my prairie art.


That place sells soooo much, from soaps to syrups. mustards to gift baskets, artwork to local grains... and more.  There's pottery and meats, perogies and books, pies and chocolates... I could go on.  It's all local.


It's impressive!   I hadn't been in there before.  I thought it was just a 'gifts, trinkets, & road maps' kind of place.  I was wrong.  It is actually a locally stocked grocery store featuring prairie artists!  Wow.  And they do gift baskets.  Did I mention that?  Awesome.


Thank you SaskMade Marketplace for sponsoring my work!  : )  I really appreciate your support.  If you would like to learn more about them, their facebook page is here and their website with listings of their food products can be found here.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I visited that store with Roger , and I bought some Saskatoon berry jelly plus some local flax seed, we enjoyed both very much .

Bee said...

What a great place to show and sell your work! I can see your work selling fast in a lovely shop like this one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *