Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Monday 16 May 2011

Marvelous Monday!

Oh LOOK what I've done!  I am completely smitten with these two new pieces.  I finished "Deep Summer".  I figured something was missing, and was almost set to toss this piece when I thought I would try and hand stitch some fence posts and wires into it.  It's perfect now.

Deep Summer Fields, 2011

I love it!  Adding the two rows of fences really gave this piece the right depth that the original photo had.  And then yesterday, while battling some serious spring allergies, I completed this one.  I'm calling this one by our province's name.  It's so 'green & gold' (our flag colors).

Saskatchewan, 2011

It's based on this very first prairie photo I took after moving back to Saskatoon 4 years ago.  Here it is on a My Sweet Prairie postcard.


Here's some detail of this little blueish-purple flowers in the foreground.  I used variegated threads and it just turned out SO pretty!!  It really suggests the original scene perfectly.


I also lucked out while garage sale-ing this weekend.  I found matting, stretcher bars, and even a double hinged door that folds in half and is quite tall.  I plan to stain the wood with white and use it as a display board for my art at the end of the month.  (White stain?  Grey paint?  Black cloth?  hmmm... can't decide).

See you tomorrow!
~Monika

8 comments:

felicity said...

Oh Monika those pieces are wonderful. Really wonderful.

Jackie said...

Those are absolutely beautiful.

Lynette said...

As always, so very stunning!! I love every excursion to your blog. :D

Lisa said...

awesome!

Lee said...

Oh, so beautiful! Makes me happy just looking at it. : )

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Both pieces are beautiful !! Your work is amazing!You do make the prairies shine!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

love your work so much

Linda-Sue said...

Love your textures & u certainly capture the light. The Canadian Prairies are extraordinarily beautiful as is your work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *